Monday 18 January 2016

2016 AnPost Chain Reaction

So as 2016 begins the usual new me, new year from a lot of people starts. For me a new team and a level up starts to begin. Through the winter I signed a contract with the continental Team of AnPost Chain Reaction, an Irish registered team based in Belgium, run under the name of Sean Kelly.

The standard and name of the team is what I've been aiming at now for a couple of years. In December we had our first training in Calpe, it was a good time for it just before Christmas, the chance to size the bikes, kit and meet the new team etc. An opportunity to ride in the sun was nice also, to concentrate fully on riding the bike.  

So with Christmas gone and a few days of rest and eating un normal amounts I moved back to Belgium before New Years, a decision I took not only to be closer to the team staff, but for dryer weather that Belgium seemed to have at that point, I know it doesn't sound right, but it was a lot better than Britain. 

So where are we now? I'm sat in a hotel room in Calpe on an easy day watching a movie on my iPad, easy right? We've been here a week and we still have almost a week to go, most days consist of efforts along with endurance training, the hours long, the efforts testing. However all is good in and for the head as I can start to feel things building towards the season start, which at this moment we wait to see when that is. This next week consists of again training, but also media work with the sponsors, so I wait and see how quickly this week goes before eventually flying back to Belgium on Sunday.

To me since joining the team I can see how much support I have from the outside, followers in a way start to build, people that sort of know who I am regularly keep asking family and friends how it's going, I'm not one for telling people what happens every single day of my life, I just like to do what I do because I enjoy it, and I have the opportunity to do so and progress.

Moving back to Belgium living where and with the people I do, with the support of close friends, a lot who have worked in cycling, or are simply connected to cycling makes life a lot easier, it Feels like home, which is very important, I spend a lot of time there obviously, and it can be the difference between having a good or a bad season for some people.


1 comment:

  1. Good on you Jake I am over the moon to read you continue to work hard , many times you have been on the TMS massage couch with your dad looking over and talking about where you want to be, you have stuck at it and again I am so pleased my friend. Your mate Leon was on the couch on a rare visit home from California and it makes my day to hear you are both doing so well, stick at it and good luck for the future all the best Trevor

    ReplyDelete