Thursday 12 March 2015

Forwards

The first couple of races have being somewhat of a up and down process for me out here in Belgium, well maybe a down and up, but both to take positives from.

Last week in Gent - Staden was a good race to take those positives from, for the few KM's with out problems I was sat up the front of the group feeling like I could take a result from this race, I knew there was a cobble sector about 80km's in, and I knew if I was up the front then the race could certainly be made there, coming on to the cobbles I moved up and was sat in the top 10, the hammer went down, but unfortunately so did my saddle, One of those strange occurrences that has now being fixed by adding a piece of Cola can in to the seat post, so it shouldn't be happening again.

Although I didn't finish, I was in good shape and made all the defining moves up to that point.

The next day however the repercussions of my saddle dropping had taken full flight with a dull pain in my knee which is why I had stopped in the first place. Safe to say that leading up to Brussels - Zepperen this is not what I had planned.

Up to Friday I had done a few rides, but only long and steady as it was painful to apply pressure in any way shape or form to my knee, I was tempted to not take the start for the coming weekend, but with the pain slightly easing I was hoping for the best, come Sunday there was a niggle in my knee, but nothing like the past days, and I knew I would get a warm up run from the team before the race so I gave it a go.

The race went fairly well problems aside, and after I got in to it I was suffering from the lack of efforts in the last week, not the knee pain. There was a big split that went up the road, and after that had gone clear I made the race in to a training day, so I bridged a gap to a small group that was off the front of the main peloton with 35km to go and staid away to the finish, it wasn't about the result of Sunday for me, it was the fact I had got a good solid effort in "the first of the week really" and that I had finished the race with little problems, unlike the week before.

I can hopefully go forwards from here and will be working towards moving up the peloton and gaining some results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment