Wednesday 21 January 2015

Times passing by






The picture above was taken at a local cyclocross round in Todmorden a few weeks ago now, after seeing the photo it got me thinking.

A single day can bring a lot of thoughts to a persons mind, positive, negative, misleading. However threw all these thoughts knowing where you really are and the people who are around you keep you grounded.

Since leaving college last year much has changed, this winter is the first time I've had an actual job sort of speak, cyclists are known for sitting down with there legs up, however I still need something to keep me busy and earn myself some money. Strangely work is a very enjoyable place to be, and it is from work that I've started to realise I over complicate little things, make them out to be a problem.

What made me realise this was that one day I was simply grabbing a coffee from the machine, and I was stood there staring at it, someone said to me "what are you doing, what's taking you so long" I turned round to say "well, I can't decide wether or not to have milk in my coffee" to which the response was "wow, I wish all we had to worry about in life was that". Obviously that's not the only thing I think about in my day to day routines, but it certainly made me think about the wider world and 2015. 

For now however I find myself in Mallorca preparing towards the oncoming season in Belgium, the weathers a bit better here so it makes the harder longer training rides a lot more bearable, I'm not constantly thinking about getting home and being able to feel my toes and fingers again. 

I'm not a fan of talking about what training I do, I don't really feel that someone needs to know I've done x or y on a day to day basis, it's the one thing that I do not over complicate, I get on my bike and ride, and there's little I would change. After All people and teams don't tend to recognise what riders do in training, they're recognised and remembered for there results.

Cycling can be a rough world, training can be hard and sometimes it's easy to get wound up, but 9 times out of 10 it's forgotten about the next day, it's that move on and get on with it attitude, and you don't want to let it eat away at you. You'd be resenting the sport and the people around you if it was the case.

Moving to Belgium this year is strangely only a month away, it's come quick, but the excitement is building, people have told me some days will be hard, but again I'm excited to get on with it and adapt to life in Europe. 

Now I have the fact at looking forward to be living with 2 Irishman a Manxman and another Yorkshireman in just over a month, no complications there then.

Cheers 

No comments:

Post a Comment