Tuesday 27 June 2017

Part 2

It's being a strange month, with no Nationals for me it was a case of getting fit for almost 1 or 2 races in order to then have a small break from the bike, the Month started with Mayenne, a 4 day race in France, with a few world tour teams involved it was a case of trying to find back some power, strength and speed for the 1 days to follow afterwards, the thing with a 2.1 UCI race means that normally it's more controlled until a certain point, and then everybody decides that it's time to destroy half the field, for me it was a case of getting the team in a good position and then leaving it too them for the last Km's, it's nice to feel your getting stronger with in a race, and although I'm always a racer I don't always have the racing legs. 

Next up was a double weekend in Belgium, finally I could race in Belgium again, I did so many weeks racing in France that it was nice to be back racing where I know I can, but the race in Saturday didn't go so Brilliant, the Vlaamse Ardennen was not a brilliant place for me to be in that weekend, suffering from Km 1 to then trying so many times to be in a none existent break away I blew myself up and out the back door fairly early on, DAY OVER. Sundays race started off nearly the same way, but after a relaxation period in the peloton it was heading in the right direction for me, the next speed bump however happened to be a puncture directly before the first of 5 defining cobble sections, due to a brilliant set of Judges however I was able to Join the reduced peloton after 15 + km's chasing both in the convoy and sections on my own, it was certainly a leg burner, after coming down to the finishing laps I thought I had used all my energy, I found my self near the cars again, but
Managed to hold on to then join the front group with 1 lap to go, deciding that the best option would be then to attack, I thought if I had done all I had done before hand that maybe I am actually Super Man today, it turned out not and with 3 km's to go I exited the reduced group again with a big bunch of guys and rolled over the finish line to not Score anther DNF for the weekend, but what a difference a day makes. 

The next event was later that week involving my Birthday, normally another day for me, a good meal with friends and a nice evening, but now I'm 22 somebody decided that it was time for my first ever dog, a wonderful gift and an amazing surprise, and I never imagined that something would give me so much of a push in order to help care for it "soppy I know"

The last race of the month was Halle Ingooigem, a 1.1 with again more prod tour teams and almost every single rider absolutely flying for Nationals, a televised race in Belgium I saw this as an opportunity to Broadcast myself a little bit, in a 200km race and a hefty fight for the break eventually 2 guys were let go over a climb, and after feeling good and seeing a gap I thought "well it's not very nice to let them go all that way a loan" ok so I didn't, In fact I was rather hoping it was going to be a race harder than everyone thought with the heat of 35 degrees, that there would be a reduced peloton catch us with the small climbs and wind, but instead it caught me out, usually in those conditions I can do everything I need to have the energy in the end, but a few mistakes lead to my ending once again, but a bit of time on TV got me more that day than anything I had done the last few weeks, and also for the team. 

So again a rather up and down month for me, but now I look forward to Part 2 of the season. With full motivation this is what I believe to be my part of the season, the races in Belgium that I know suit me, and that big push towards the Tour of Britain, and to prepare for this we head to Altitude camp with in the next week for a 2 week block, I am very excited for this period and with work I know I can make it a good Part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment